Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Too Many Guitars, Not Enough Dollars.

  I own 12 guitars. For some, that's way too many. For others, too few. Truthfully, a lot of guys my age have 50 or more. At some concerts, I've noticed 30 or more guitars set up back stage. I wish! Guitar tech(s) keeping them tuned and shiny. I can't even keep fresh strings on mine. And, I only play 2 or 3 at a given point. I guess it might be different if I actually had a guitar tech.
  The problem for me is that there are so many beautiful guitars out there. I can easily think of 10 that I want right now. A gold top Les Paul and a black one too. A Paul Reed Smith. At least 2 Taylor's. I have 6 Strats, but there are many more that I'd like to own. Of course, I'd like to have 1 or 2 custom built with my name on them and really awesome painting and inlays in the neck.
  Alas, I just don't have the dollars for that kind of thing. I used to do a lot of trading but, I'm happy with what I have. Lately, I've been buying one a year and if I live another 38 years, I'll be caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment